Saturday, January 17, 2015

Carrot cake baked oatmeal

Sorry this post is so late! I've just moved into college so I've been a bit busy. Here's one of my favorite recipes that I make when I have a little extra time in the morning:




Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup almond milk
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 grated carrot
  • 1/4 tsp ginger
  • 1/8 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • optional: walnuts

Method:
1. Let the oats and carrots soak in the almond milk for about 10 minutes. This isn't necessary, but helps the texture a lot!
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl, then mash the banana (you can add a couple slices to the top), and add all the ingredients together, including the optional walnuts.
4. Put the mixture into a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes (I like broiling it for a few minutes at the end to make the top crispy). Top with an excessive amount of peanut butter.




No comments:

Post a Comment