Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Basic overnight oats recipe (and my favorite variations)

I thought that since I just posted my Bai5 overnight oats recipe (see one post down), then I should post the recipe for when I just want simple and delicious overnight oats. The beauty of doing this for breakfast is that you can go to bed and it'll be ready for you when you wake up!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup almond milk (see my recipe!)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
1 mashed banana

Method: Combine all ingredients in a jar, shake it up, put in the fridge for 4-6 hours (preferably overnight) and BOOM there's breakfast.

Variations:

Chocolate: add 1 tablespoon of cacao

Banana bread: add 1/2 tsp cinnamon instead of 1/4, and add just a little (1/8 tsp) of blackstrap molasses

Thin Mint: get rid of the cinnamon, add 1 tablespoon cacao, and replace the vanilla extract with mint extract, but only use 1/4 tsp

No comments:

Post a Comment